Tis the season for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s finally starting to feel a bit like fall here in West Michigan. I’m not big on Pumpkin Spice lattes and I’m not crazy about pumpkin pie (although don’t get me wrong – I’ll definitely still eat pumpkin pie if you give me a slice). However, I am a HUGE fan of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (or scones or bread).
I found a great pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe (here) that I adapted and wanted to share with you!
The BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 2 c whole wheat flour (I’ve made this with GF flour too and it worked well–just a bit more crumbly)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick (1/2 c) soft butter (I always use salted)
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c evaporated cane sugar (or white sugar)
- 3/4 c pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-2 c dark chocolate chips (or a combo of chocolate and butterscotch chips)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Pull out 2 baking sheets (grease them with the butter wrapper or with oil)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl (flour, salt, baking soda)
- Mix all wet ingredients (butter, sugars, pumpkin, vanilla, egg) in large bowl
- Combine wet and dry ingredients into large bowl. You can use an electric mixer or if you’re too lazy to pull it out like I always am…just hand mix it well.
- Add in the chocolate (and/or butterscotch) chips
- Use a tablespoon and plop tbsp size heaps on the greased baking sheet
- Let bake for 10-13 mins. (Every oven is different so watch–and smell–the cookies closely. Once they aren’t mushy to touch but still soft, pull them out and let them finish baking/forming up on your baking sheet).
- Only move the cookies off the sheet once they have cooled down (otherwise they might break-they’re a bit of a fragile cookie so handle with care)
Friends, I have tried A LOT of pumpkin chocolate cookie recipes and this one is my alllll-time fav! I feel like it’s not horribly unhealthy with the whole wheat flour and added nutrients from the pumpkin. Plus, my version has reduced sugar from the original recipe, so basically I’m all in for pumpkin cookies and coffee for breakfast! #breakfastofchampions
(Benito can’t decide if he likes the sunflowers or the cookies more.)
Let me know if you try this recipe.
Happy Fall y’all!