Do you realize Christmas is less than two months away?
I still feel like the calendar just read July, but somehow we are almost a week into November. It looks like it’s time to start making that old handy dandy Christmas shopping list…
My parents/in-laws are some of the hardest people for me to shop for and I’m guessing I’m not alone in that. It’s not that they are picky people, but it feels like everything they might want or need they already have… Or what I want to get them is beyond my budget.
I’ve spent some time thinking about holiday gift ideas for parents/in-laws and wanted to share them with you! Hopefully, one of these ideas might be helpful to YOU as you begin your Christmas shopping this season.
- Gift a Family Photography Session: We recently had the chance to have family photos taken by the amazing photographer extraordinaire, Genevieve DeVries. Genevieve DeVries Photography captured amazing photos of my family and she was magical with my kids. She sang little songs to them and made them laugh. She knew how to position our family perfectly and was also so laid back, it put us all at ease. Why not WIN at Christmas this year and gift your mom/mother-in-law a gift certificate for a family photo session?! Genevieve shared a blog post here with photos of a mom and her adult children and grandkids. Her sons gifted her with a photo session and she told Genevieve it was the best present she had ever received. Look at the picture below and it’s no wonder she loved her gifted family photo session so much! (Note: Genevieve is a Detroit-based photographer, but she also shoots sessions all around Michigan)
- Do Something Good Internationally: World Vision offers a Gift Guide where you can purchase gifts to help impoverished children and families. You can make those contributions gifted in your parent’s name. This is a great gift idea for someone who has “everything” already!
- Techy Gifts
- My family has so much fun with our Echo Dot; it’s also practical and functional, too. If your parents don’t currently have “Alexa” or the Echo Dot, there’s a good chance they’ll like this as a Christmas gift! You can purchase it via this link here.
- My in-laws love printing family photos and keeping the pictures in their house up-to-date. If you have a parent like that, you may want to get them a digital picture frame (here) or a wall-mounted digital photo frame (here).
- My dad already has a Kindle and uses it often. If you have a parent that is an avid reader who doesn’t yet have an e-reader, get them the Kindle Paperwhite E-Reader via here.
- Personalized Gifts: 6th + Style is a fun company that sources products at discounted rates. I’ve enjoyed collaborating with them on a few products recently like these amazing and luxurious shoe inserts and these cute, personalized Santa Gift Sacks. However, they also offer a personalized cheese board that I think would make for the perfect parent/in-law gift! This gift is super cute and only $25 with free shipping. If you use the code PegStyle10 you can get 10% your first purchase on 6th + Style!
- Do Something Good Locally: Wherever you live, there are bound to be plenty of local organizations you can support in honor of family member or loved one. I love supporting Tree Tops Collective, a Grand Rapids non-profit organization whose mission is, “to connect refugee women with people and opportunities in their new community so they can flourish for generations to come — standing tall and impacting others.” Tree Tops Collective empowers refugee women through social enterprise opportunities and you can support these incredible artists by shopping their products here. They would make for some great Christmas gifts!
- Gift Cards are never a bad idea. While they may seem a bit less personal or thought out, who can argue with a gift card to purchase anything of one’s choosing? Psst did you know you can purchase a huge variety of gift cards quickly and easily via Amazon.com? Christmas shopping made easy!
Do any of these options look like something your parents or in-laws would like? I hope you found this gift guide helpful!
*pin this image to save this post*
This blog participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for this blog to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting my family!