Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit arrived at your doorstep. Hooray! Now what…?
Here’s How to Start Using Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit
This post is for anyone who is just receiving their Young Living Premium Starter Kit and is ready to explore all the goodness that their PSK contains.
If you have no idea what Young Living is about or what a Premium Starter Kit is…go click over and read this post first. You can read more about why I choose to only use Young Living’s essential oils and how invaluable the premium starter kit has been for my family.
For any new YL member reading this, HOORAY YOUR KIT HAS ARRIVED!! (insert all the happy dance emojis) Now it’s time to open that kit up and check out all the amazing oils and products inside. Make sure to read through this carefully and dive right in. The last thing you want is to invest in a kit and then let it sit on a shelf unused…
HOW TO USE YOUR YOUNG LIVING STARTER KIT
Let’s get super specific. Here’s what to do when your Premium Starter Kit arrives:
- Open the box up and take everything out. Read through the information/literature in your package.
- Fix your eyes on the 10 oils on the top half of your box. Open up each bottle and inhale them one at a time. (Citrus Fresh is extra heavenly!)
- Take your diffuser out, read the instructions and fill that beauty up with water. Add in some essential oils (try peppermint & lemon to start) and get diffusing right away!
- Lift up the top section of the box and you will see more goodies below! That’s where your long-awaited Stress Away and roller fitment are waiting for you.
- Pop the roller fitment on top of your Stress Away bottle so you can roll it directly on your neck and wrists. Enjoy the calming effects and amazing smell. (You can use this as a non-toxic perfume…it’s like vacation in a bottle.)
- Determine a place in your home to keep your oils out and easy to use/access. You may also want to grab a folder or box for your Young Living brochures and materials.
- Grab your two NingXia Red pouches and put them in the fridge. They are best served cold.
- Last but not least, use half your packet of Thieves Household Cleaner with water in a 16 oz. spray bottle (or the whole packet can be used in a 32 oz. spray bottle).
A few essential oil terms…
There are some terms you will hear about essential oils, so I’ve defined them for you below. I also wrote a post with a helpful cheat sheet on Young Living’s many abbreviations. You can check that post out here.
- Dilute: Some oils are applied with a carrier oil (e.g. coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, etc.). Some oils are “hot” like Thieves, Cinnamon Bark & Oregano, so you will want to take extra precautions when applying those oils topically. You may also want to dilute oils more when using them on children. Please do your own research and determine what you feel is best for your own household. (You can google “essential oil dilution chart” if you feel better taking that approach.)
- Neat: When you apply an essential oil directly on the skin without dilution.
- Vitality Oils: Young Living’s essential oils with a white label are all part of the “vitality” line of oils. These oils are FDA approved for internal consumption, whether in a capsule, in tea or for cooking.
- Topical: This simply refers to the oil being used by application on the skin (i.e rubbing coconut oil with Panaway on your muscles after a workout).
- Aromatic: You can use essential oils aromatically by removing the cap of the bottle and inhaling the smell. You can also rub a drop or two of essential oils in your hands, then cup your hands around your nose and mouth and deeply inhale the scent.
- Diffuser: The diffuser is the device you use to disperse essential oils into the air.
Commit to Using Your Oils Regularly. Make Them Part of Your Daily Routine.
If you are brand new to essential oils, it is likely that you currently have a lot of go-to products in your home that are full of toxins. Your essential oils provide TONS of different options for switching out toxic products for non-toxic options. For instance, the Thieves Household Cleaner can replace all the cleaning products that are currently under your bathroom sink right now.
Your kit oils contain incredibel EOs to help support your immune system, relieve tension, support your sleep, assist with proper digestion…and so much more!
The best way (and only way) to experience the radical effects of essential oils is to USE THEM and spend some time experimenting to find which oils work best for you and your family. For some people, Copaiba is their go-to essential oil for helping them feel calm and grounded, while or others it is Stress Away or Frankincense.
Keep using your oils daily and reach for your bottles of “plant juice” FIRST before those other things in your cup
boards that contain harmful ingredients. Once you start seeing results, please share them with me! I LOVE nothing more than hearing the amazing testimonies from my Young Living team.
Last, but not least, here are a few diffuser recipes and roller bottle ideas…all from EOs found in your starter kit.
*Pin this image to reference this post again later*